Recruited to provide an effective direction of change to parent company’s online commerce site while managing the development, implementation, and marketing of the four additional subsidiary companies’ websites. Given full leadership, negotiating, and decision-making responsibility to develop market vision, required staffing, and develop a global network. Supervised training staff and directed the activities of both graphic and public relations staff. Developed and administered all secure vendor portals with a centralized access to records and inventory status. Reported directly to CEO.
- Technology Advance. Reengineered parent company’s online commerce website, interface and architecture, database and security functions, improving both internal and user satisfaction by more than 75%. In addition, a mobile interface with responsive design was created to accommodate growing user trends.
- Revenue Growth. Launched new parent company website in 2007 and increased profitability by the end of first year. Site traffic increased by 52% and conversion rate boosted an additional 35%. SEO improved with optimized keyword-rich copy. Substantial profits were also seen after each subsidiary’s e-commerce website were launched.
- Marketing Effectiveness. Orchestrated the selection and implementation of online campaigns for all five company’s online properties without affecting vendors’ online campaigns. Tracked printed advertisement traffic with minimal investments through negotiated contracts with online advertisers, vendors, and other marketing channels saving the company 30% of the annual marketing budget.
- Strengthen Security. Managed online security 24/7 quickly troubleshooting order issues including frauds. Frauds were dramatically reduced by 90% after launch of reengineered website; while the remaining 10% frauds were limited to only “attempts” leaving the company and customers nearly 100% protected.
- Customer Retention. Applied a cart abandonment system to recover lost transactions, resulting in a 45% recovery rate.